Ethanol Fuel is a hazardous and dangerous material. If used without proper caution, and not in accordance with the warnings and instructions herein, AND the manufacturer’s safety instructions, the result could be destruction of property, serious injury, and/or even death. Therefore it is imperative you read ALL warnings prior to using SMARTFUEL™ ethanol fuel:
Ethanol Fuel (HAZMAT) items cannot be returned due to HAZMAT regulations. We will replace any fuel or other item that is incorrectly shipped, damaged or incorrectly shipped. All refusals of orders must be pre authorized in writing by contacting our customer service desk ( 336.644.4192). If you do not wish to receive your ordered fuel you must get a pre-authorized refusal code from our customer service desk and cancel the shipment with UPS or FEDEX as soon as possible and refuse delivery. You will be charged for all shipping costs – there is a $27.50 charge (UPS and FedEx) for any fuel package that is refused without prior return authorization code from the company. If you need to refuse any item (other than a HAZMAT fuel) contact our customer service desk ( 336.644.4192) to obtain a written authorization code and instructions. If it is our mistake, or a damaged or defective shipment then all shipping of the replacements will be covered by the company. You will be responsible for all refusals to receive shipments that were not previously approved by our customer service desk in writing with a written authorization code. Any unauthorized refusals will be charged shipping in both directions (return and replacement plus the original shipping charges).
IMPORTANT! READ + HEED
- Ethanol Fuel is a Class 3 Flammable Liquid and presents real danger when not used in direct compliance with the equipment
- Ethanol Fuel should ONLY be handled by adults, NEVER by children. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN!
- To ensure safe use you must carefully read, fully understand, and adhere to all warnings and instructions provided on this website, on the SMARTFUEL™ bottle label, and specific warnings and instructions provided by the manufacturer for the burning device in which the SMARTFUEL™ ethanol fuel will be used. These instructions should be kept for reference and provided to ANYONE planning to use this SMARTFUEL™Ethanol Fuel in a burning device (equipment). It is your responsibility to ensure anyone you allow to handle this SMARTFUEL™ ethanol fuel to is informed in advance of and fully understands the hazards, warnings and instructions you have provided them in accordance with these terms of agreement. PRIOR to their use of SMARTFUEL™ ethanol fuel purchased from this website, or from Lumina Products, Inc. either directly or indirectly.
- Do not store Ethanol Fuel in direct sunlight, or allow to become heated: always keep in a dry cool area.
- Do not store Ethanol Fuel near any source of ignition, flame or spark.
- NEVER pour SMARTFUEL™ ethanol fuel onto a burning flame. Ensure the flame is completely extinguished and no smoldering or burning embers or flame are present prior to opening the bottle and/or introducing the fuel into any device intended for burning of this ethanol fuel.
- NEVER pour SMARTFUEL™ ethanol fuel onto hot surfaces or into a hot burner; allow 20-30 minutes for the burner (fireplace) to cool down before refilling.
- Dispose of unused contents and empty bottles in accordance with local regulations for hazardous materials.
- Ethanol vapors are heavier than air. Vapors may settle in low or confined areas, or travel long distances along a surface to an ignition source where they may ignite or flashback. Dangerous amounts of vapor can be created when refilling a hot burning device. Flame may be nearly invisible; approach fire with caution and be certain that fire is out. Do not open bottle in presence of a flame or ignition source. BURNING DEVICES MUST BE ALLOWED TO COOL DOWN COMPLETELY TO THE AMBIENT TEMPERATURE BEFORE REFILLING.
- SMARTFUEL™ Ethanol Fuel, when not used correctly and safely can cause serious burns, destruction of property, or even death.
- As with any open flame, maintain proper clearance from any flammable materials(in accordance with warnings and instructions provided by manufacturer of device in which the SMARTFUEL™ ethanol fuel will be used (burned)). Keep the burning device clear of any flammable materials to avoid spread of fire.
- NEVER leave an burning fire unattended.
- NEVER remove Safety Pour™ Insert from neck of bottle. It’s there for your safety and the safety of others.
- Any active burning flame presents a fire hazard – an approved and certified fire extinguishing device appropriate for use with Ethanol fires should be kept close at hand. And that fire extinguishing device should be maintained and certified operational in compliance with local fire regulations and the manufacturer’s instructions for the fire extinguishing device being used.
- We recommend keeping STOPFIREFAST!™ supplementary personal fire extinguishing spray tool nearby, in addition to a conventional fire extinguisher.
I have read, and fully understand all the above warnings, hazards, and instructions regarding the safe handling SMARTFUEL™ ethanol fuel provided here on this website, as well as on the SMARTFUEL™ bottle label . I agree to adhere to these warnings and instructions, and only use SMARTFUEL™ ethanol fuel in accordance with the warnings and instructions provided here on this website, on the SMARTFUEL™ bottle label as well as all instructions and warnings provided by the manufacturer of the intended device in which this SMARTFUEL™ ethanol fuel will be burned. I will ensure that anyone making use of the SMARTFUEL™ ethanol fuel I have obtained through this purchase will be informed of all warnings, hazards, and instructions presented within this website, as well as on the SMARTFUEL™ bottle label, and will be instructed in proper use of this fuel for the intended burning device. I will make all literature including the warnings and information provided on this website, as well as the warnings and instructions on the SMARTFUEL™ bottle, and the manufacturer’s warnings and instructions for the use of this fuel and the device in which it will be burned available for review by any person who will use this fuel PRIOR to them engaging in any use of this fuel. I will ensure that any member of my staff engaged in selling SMARFUEL™ ethanol fuel purchased from this website or directly from Lumina Products, Inc. will have read and fully understand all the warnings, hazards, and instructions provided on this website, the SMARTFUEL™ bottle label. And that any member of my staff engaged in sales of SMARTFUEL™ ethanol fuel supplied by Lumina Products, Inc. will ensure that any end-user purchasing SMARTFUEL™ ethanol fuel from my company will be provided with and fully informed as to the warnings, hazards, and instructions regarding the use of SMARTFUEL™ ethanol fuel as supplied on this website, and on the SMARTFUEL™ bottle label. And that they are advised to read and fully understand the warnings and instructions provided by the manufacturer of the device in which they intend to use (burn) this fuel.
I have read the above statement, fully understand the dangers and hazards of this SMARTFUEL™ ethanol fuel, and will adhere and abide by this agreement.